Thinking of booking in for semi-permanent makeup?
Here’s what you need to know.
Some clients may have allergies or medical conditions which can make them ineligible for semi-permanent make up. So, before booking any treatment, please read the important information below.
You are ineligible for a semi-permanent makeup procedure if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Suffer from keloid scarring
- Are currently undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Are currently taking any skin thinner medication, such as Roaccutane or steroids – this needs to be ceased for 6months prior.
- Have any auto immune conditions (such as HIV or Hepatitis)
- Have an eye infection, conjunctivitis or similar infection. Please book your appointment when the infection has fully cleared.
You must advise us on your booking form if:
- You have any skin conditions such as Psoriasis, eczema, undiagnosed rashes or lumps on the area being treated.
- You suffer from any allergies or have had a reaction to tint, aesthetic or any beauty treatments or previous tattoos in the past.
You must cease the following prior to treatment:
- Fish oil – These are blood thinners which causes poor pigment retention. Please stop taking them 10-14 days prior to treatment. A medical certificate will be required.
- Caffeine – please avoid this for 4 hours prior to treatment.
- Active skincare or facials – Avoid in the area to be treated 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Heavy makeup – Avoid make up on the treated area for 7-10 days after treatment
Please bring a medical certificate if you:
- Wear a pacemaker
- Have diabetes
- Have a skin condition on area to be treated
- Are taking prescribed medication for a health condition
- Have or had cancer outside treated area
- Have undergone an organ transplant
- Have high or low blood pressure.
- Have undergone chemotherapy.
Semi-Permanent Make-Up Requirements
Before your procedure:
- Please wear your usual make up to the consultation so your technician can see how you would usually wear your make up. If you have a desired design, please bring the photo along to the consultation.
- A patch test is required 48 hours prior to treatment, otherwise it will be waived upon request.
- No alcohol, or any drinks containing caffeine should be consumed 4 hours prior to treatment as they effect the blood circulation which can increase bleeding.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the treated area 7 days prior to treatment to prevent sunburn.
- Be aware that if you are tired or menstruating, this may increase your sensitivity to pain. If so, then you can take your standard pain killer 30 minutes prior to treatment. Do not take ibuprofen, Vitamin E, aspirin or omega-3 24 hours prior to treatment, unless it is medically required. Please consult with your doctor if this is the case.
- Exfoliate the skin lightly 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- Do not wear contact lenses for eyeliner only.
- Do not use hair growth stimulants 7 days prior to treatment.
- Eyelash tint or perming is recommended 3 days prior to eyeliner treatment.
- To prevent eye swelling you may want to take an antihistamine 30 minutes prior to eyeliner treatment.
- Wait 3 months after laser eye surgery.
- Remove eyelash extensions before procedure.
Following your procedure:
- Do not perform any heavy exercise 7 days after treatment, especially on the day of treatment as the heat will expand the pores which in turn will affect the healing process.
Visit our aftercare page for more.